I always like to add little changes that seem to make a big difference. Every now and then I like to pop with a red lip, so I decided to add a little more dimension with a subtle ombre!
1. Start with clean, dry lips. Exfoliate if necessary. (You can see my little chipped tooth! Long story involving a race with my brother, flared pants, and a sidewalk when I was 10.)
2. Using a copper toned lip liner, line the outer rim of your lips.
3. Fill in the corners of your lip.
4. Using a nude liner, fill in the center of your lips.
5. Mix equal parts of DL 8 and DL 9 (see product image below)
6. & 7. Lightly outline the outer rim following the copper liner previously applied.
8. Smudge and blend for a softer finish.
9. As Nene Leakes of the Real Housewives of Atlanta would say, "BAM!"
This style adds dimension, interest, and the look of a larger, plumper pout! You can use this technique with plenty of other color combinations! Try this super easy look for your next event or night out! Upgrade that red lip!
10. Kryolan Dermacolor Light Rouge Mini Palette (You can also use your favorite shade of red and nude lipsticks!)
11. LipStix Lipstick Sealer (Sorry for the shabby label. It's been through a lot.)
12. MAC Naked lip liner and Ben Nye Natural LP-134 lip liner
Go wild and enjoy!